To the Columbia Central HS Marching Band Family,
Attached is the full season marching band calendar, including the dates and times for our band camp for all members starting at 2pm on Monday, July 21st! We hope everyone is enjoying their summer, but we are truly excited about our plans for the upcoming year. Below are a few tips and reminders to help you be prepared for our All Member Full Band Camp from July 21st – 25th. Please help us notify your fellow band members as to see that everyone has received this information.
- No students are to leave school grounds during any breaks, including the dinner break.
- The band boosters are sponsoring a pizza dinner for Thursday night for all students (thank you boosters!). Please see the attached note for a request to bring desserts.
- Friday will dismiss at 5pm, so this means students will need to bring a complete dinner only for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of band camp week. Students will not be allowed to leave school grounds, so bring your dinner when you arrive for camp each of those days. Parents are welcome to bring a meal to their children for the dinner break as well.
- Parents please remember to check our band web page at www.columbiacentralband.com to review the car pick up pattern to avoid any traffic jams at the end of each practice.
- Students must wear tennis shoes for all rehearsals, NO SANDALS or FLIP FLOPS allowed!
- The majority of our time outside during band camp week will be during the parking lot practices after the dinner break. It will still be hot and the sun will still be out, so everyone is to bring and wear sunscreen, sunglasses, and caps each day of band camp. Bring a personal cooler of water/Gatorade for each day of camp.
Let the SAFARI begin!!!
Ed Medford & Kelly Medford, Directors
Dear 9th Grade and New Band Parents,
First and foremost, WELCOME to the Columbia Central Band Family. As 10th grade parents, we remember the excitement and confusion that the first weeks of Band held. Band is one of the greatest experiences your child will have during high school. Columbia Central has a very rich history of excellence. You child will work harder than you can imagine and will have the opportunity to develop lifelong leadership and teamwork skills. These skills DO translate into success later in life, whether it is during college or in the workforce. The performance expectations of each band student are high, but the payoff is even higher.
We are so glad you are here. The Band truly is a family. But being new to the group, we know you have questions. We both know we had “dumb questions” last year and were overwhelmed ourselves with “band culture”. We want to be available to you to come ask questions – the questions that you don’t even know you have yet! Neither of us realized, at the onset on band season last year, just how much parental support is needed to operate a high school band. We want to encourage all parents to volunteer to participate in some aspect of Band Boosters. We truly need EVERYONE. Because you might be confused, might have questions about something and don’t know who to ask, we want to make ourselves available to you so that you have a lifeline during these early days of Band Camp and what looks to be a very busy season.
PLEASE make arrangements to attend Parent Night on Thursday, August 21st at 6pm. Prior to that, if you have any questions about band camp, schedules, competitions, events, volunteering, transportation, or ANY question at all, please contact either one of us via phone or email. Get involved EARLY! We need you!
Again, we WELCOME you into the CHS Band Family and look forward to an exciting year ahead!
Jennifer Murphy Marion Willis
Ads and Trophies Band Secretary
Please remember that the children will need to bring their dinner or you may bring them their dinner next week Monday-Wednesday as they will be asked to stay at the schoold the entire camp session. Thursday the Band Boosters will be providing Domino’s Pizza and drinks for them. Dinner break will be from 5:30pm-6:00pm.
Please remember the traffic pattern for dropping off dinner, and picking up children after camp. This has been put in place for the safety of the children
TWO IMPORTANT THINGS FOR BAND CAMP.
BAND CAMP IS COMING UP SO FAST. WE WOULD LIKE TO ASK THAT YOU PLEASE FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS LISTED BELOW TO DROP OFF AND PICK UP YOUR CHILDREN WHILE BAND CAMP IS TAKING PLACE. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT SO THAT WE MAY KEEP YOUR CHILDREN SAFE AS THEY PRACTICE.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR CHILDREN WILL BE BRINGING HOME 5 SMARTCARDS TO SELL ON FRIDAY JULY 25TH. MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE CARDS IE: END DATE FOR THE FUNDRAISER, AN IMAGE OF THE CARD AND PRICES FOR THE CARDS AND BUY OUT FEE’S WILL BE POSTED.